Java Developer for Leads and Content team in Portal
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
The Leads and Content team is part of the Portal Business Solutions department of 1and1.
The products we are developing enable large online marketing campaigns and leverage the big number of users interacting with the platform, by collecting qualified leads, offering incentive mechanisms and sponsor switching mechanism.
Central to our business are our web portals.
Making them available to customers and building secure flows that lead to or from the portals requires a holistic approach to software development and means that Leads and Content team business covers the whole range of topics from CMS related work, to web services, caching, DBs and all the communication flow that happens in-between.
A fundamental pillar in our current work is building our continuous integration and delivery pipelines. Regardless of the business projects we cater to, a crosscutting aspect in this team is establishing a DevOps culture. This has impact over our collaboration, affinity, tooling and scaling approach.
- Develop new features that add functionality to the Lead Generation Platform
- Develop new projects for the business of Online Referral Marketing
- Develop features, tooling and processes for our Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines
- Maintain, refactor and evolve a Java-based Content Management System
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle of artifacts within a microservice oriented architecture
- Contribute to cross-project technical topics like: Secure SDLC process, Continuous Delivery process, Design for testability, and others
We are searching for a Java Developer well versed within the e-commerce domain and with a clear bias towards digital transformation.
If the perspective of joining our team and using your IT skills to evolve such an advertising platform appeals to you… …
....you should be comfortable with the following technical background:
- Java 8 and related technologies;
- Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate)
- Web portals development
- Microservice oriented architecture
- The Spring framework (especially its understanding, not just its usage) and related flavors:
- Building RESTful Web Services (especially designing REST APIs)
- Adhering to the DevOps methodology and cultural aspects
- Understanding release lifecycle and all its supporting tools and technologies: Maven, Git, Branching Models, Rundeck, Gitlab pipelines
- Have very good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- See yourself as an application developer as well as a platform developer
- Develop projects in a distributed team
- Interact daily with all the roles of a project team (developer, QA, operation engineer, product owner)
- Have a proactive approach towards your work and processes
- Adapt and adjust to change
- An outgoing, “get things done”, positive attitude
- Experience working with a CMS (Hippo CMS)
- Knowledge about Enterprise Integration Patterns
- A full-stack approach to projects
- Security knowledge
- Domain Knowledge in building online portals or artifacts suited for online marketing Campaigns