Software Engineer for Monitoring and Logging Products team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
The IONOS Logging and Monitoring PaaS team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer. This newly founded team will focus on developing and maintaining diagnostic services for our enterprise customers, whether it’s Logging as a Service, Monitoring aaS, Alerting or Metrics Gathering.
Like in any IT environment, our customers require insight into their application’s health and well-being, as well as trend data and audit information.
Our goal is to solve these challenges by providing services so that our customers do not have to develop their own solutions. The team also provides third level support.
Our stack is based on cloud native technologies, such as GoLang, Kubernetes, K8s operators and will offer the relevant tools for telemetry such as Cortex, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Loki, ELK et al.
Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of the service: we build it, we ship it, we run it. We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best product possible. This role reports to the Engineering Manager: Database as a Service.
- Programming in Go and other languages
- Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers
- Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
- Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation
- Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go
- Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions
- Experience in working with cloud environments
- Experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and helm charts
- Experience building Kubernetes operators, controllers and CRDs
- Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments
- Experience with Prometheus and ELK
- Familiarity with the concepts and use-cases of time series databases such as Influx DB
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with network fundamentals