Quality Assurance Automation Engineer for Mail & Media team in Portal
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
1&1 Mail & Media operates WEB.DE & GMX, two of Germany's largest Internet portals, as well as an Internet portal catering to an international audience – mail.com.
Through these brands, we are able to reach over 40 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts. In addition to a large editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to a variety of internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services.
In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring (we are also a member of the CalConnect international consortium), online office editor (we active contributors to open source Libre Office community as well), messaging, machine learning, and web hosting products.
- Design and develop automated testing solutions in Java
- Be a part of our agile teams and responsible for testing and validation of Web applications and REST based services
- Work on the implementing new test cases and also maintenance and improvement of existing testing projects
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents in order to provide timely and meaningful feedback to project stakeholders
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test scenarios
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Work closely with the product management and development teams to help deliver high-quality features
- Report found issues in the software and review the fixes made for those findings.
- Attend meetings, planning and review sessions, workshops and other project related gatherings.
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Minimum 2.5 years of experience in Test Automation (methodologies, tools and processes)
- Good knowledge of Java/OOP concepts
- Experience with Maven, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins and with various testing tools (Selenium WebDriver, Serenity BDD, Cucumber, REST Assured etc.)
- Familiar with SQL and Docker containers
- Experience in Agile environment
- ISTQB certification is a plus
- Highly motivated, self-driven, team player with very good communication skills
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)