PHP Developer for SMB Product Romania team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
1&1 SMB Product Romania's mission is to make having an online presence accessible for any busy SMB owner, by building an ecosystem of do-it-yourself services, spanning from website builder to online marketing, that our customers can use to be successful online. Customer-centricity and design-driven product work are our DNA. Our outlook is to serve and enable millions of SMB owners and individuals to build their online presence dream. As a PHP Developer in SMB Product Romania your primary responsibility is to the maintenance and development of one of our biggest Sitebuilder products which is in Extended Support.
- Perform bug fixes, hotfixes, patches and security fixes when needed
- Be responsible for building and deploying a complex web application in cooperation with multiple teams
- Analyse requirements, clarify details and assess effort and impact
- Write quality code and adhere to best practices and respected standards in the industry
- Document new processes and shape up a knowledge base for the development of the product
- Be available for OnCall duty
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in Software Development
- Solid experience with PHP programming (3yrs+)
- Good understanding of server/infrastructure configuration, build and deploy pipelines
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Able to consolidate knowledge and analyze large, complex systems
- Team player with very good communication skills
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience with a continuous integration tool such as Jenkins
- Good understanding of unit testing principles and frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Experience in working with file storage systems (FTP, S3, Ceph)
- Past hands-on experience with Zend Framework
- Good understanding of GitLab, including maintenance
- Previous experience with Puppet and Debian (aptly + package building)
- Familiarity with databases and Docker containers
- Past experience working in an Agile development environment