Java Developer for WebHosting Development team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
At 1&1, we strive to deliver quality above else. As part of the Domains and Global Platform team, we have a wide range of applications, from Internal tooling (Infrastructure, Networking, and Monitoring) to DNS, Domains registration, WebHosting and Global Platform Applications. Our products address the worldwide market.
About the project The goal is to build the next generation customer interaction platform for all WebHosting related products and services that serve more than 3 million customers.
- Create and work with high-performance and high-scale distributed microservices
- Build products and understand their flows, create new features and update existing ones
- Resolve defects during QA testing, pre-production, production and from the live environment
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines, from testing stage to production. DevOps state of mind is a plus
- Work independently when needed, with minimal supervision
- Create technical concepts when needed
- Work with colleagues and peer teams, both local and abroad
- Latest technologies, tools and methods: Docker, OpenShift and cloud-native
- Agile development processes: Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration
- Friendly and open environment
- Part of the whole lifecycle and propose technical solutions, frameworks and technologies to use - you are able to shape the product
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 4+ years experience developing object oriented software using Java
- 2+ more years experience working on REST services/servers
- Working experience with Spring Framework (Core, WebFlux, Boot)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Maven and CI/CD
- Working experience with Docker
- Experience with unit testing
- Advanced operation of version control / git
- Basics of Linux
- Experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Groovy)
- Experience in designing and developing Event Driven systems
- DevOps experience