Senior Software Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Hootsuite active
View all jobs Senior Software Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and ample experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- You have extensive software design experience: you think in terms of architecture; you know how to identify and explain pros and cons of a technical solution and how it might fit your project; you deliver reliable software through the principles of observability.
- You have worked on challenging large-scale projects, taking full ownership of at least a subset of their functionalities, enabling communication with stakeholders, and being the point of contact for developers; experience on SaaS software development is considered an asset.
- You foster best practices in everything you do: writing thoroughly-tested code, performing accurate and constructive code reviews, coaching peers. Having been a speaker at technical conferences is a plus.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Provide technical leadership within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers) to deliver compelling products and services to our customers
- Design, write, test, review, and deploy high-quality scalable code, and guide others to do the same
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Drive improvements to our standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Provide mentorship and support to other developers, helping to grow the team, better our processes, and positively contribute to the wider community
- Participate in technical hiring interviews with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers
- Run code reviews, and apply software development best practices
- Enhance Hootsuite’s culture and environment, striving to build a better way through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across product boundaries
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 26 Vacation days
- Wellness week in 2021
- Owly time (50% of all Fridays off during Q3)
- 5 Mental Health/Sick leaves (during the pandemic)
- Health benefits - medical services, insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Meal vouchers
- Restricted Stock Units
- Headspace App subscription
- Bookstr subscription
- Macbook equipment
- Flexible schedule
- The chance to get involved in our meetups & hackathons