Lead, Software Development
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Hootsuite active
View all jobs Lead, Software Development active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
- Long standing software development experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and SaaS systems
- Hands-on experience mentoring and coaching others
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Go, Typescript or Python, and have a desire to learn other languages.
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities.
- Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the teams
- Build, support and lead a high performance, cohesive team of developers, in close partnership with the Manager, Development
- Facilitate ongoing development conversations with your team to support their learning and career growth
-Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, and facilitate communication, within teams and portfolios
- Participate in the hiring process, with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers
- Assess and prioritize the team's work, appropriately delegating to others and encouraging team ownership.
- Maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality in all delivered projects
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Design, write, test, and deploy high quality scalable code
- Expertise in one of the two technology stacks and basic knowledge of the other:
- Backend: Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Mongo, GRPC, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Frontend: React + Redux / Angular, Nightwatch, LESS, Docker
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 26 Vacation days
- Wellness week in 2021
- Owly time (50% of all Fridays off during Q3)
- 5 Mental Health/Sick leaves (during the pandemic)
- Health benefits - medical services, insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Meal vouchers
- Restricted Stock Units
- Headspace App subscription
- Bookstr subscription
- Macbook equipment
- Flexible schedule
- The chance to get involved in our meetups & hackathons