To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, engineering or an analytical field such as mathematics or Information systems;
• 3 to 6 years of related software development experience;
• 1-2years of experience as a lead;
• Technical knowledge across multiple areas;
• Good communication skills, reasoning skills, team player;
• Preferred experience includes knowledge of insurance and retirement services.
• Broad technology experience with core development and analytic skills;
• Services development: NodeJS, Java, SpringBoot, Python, FaaS;
• Cloud technology: AWS, EKS, VPC, S3, IAM, CloudFront, RDS, FaaS/Serverless, Teraform;
• Application design: patterns, DDD microservices, event driven architecture;
• API and Event Broker: REST service design, API Mgmt, Kong, asynch publish/subscribe, Kafka;
• Data persistence:RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Lake, SQLServer, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB;
• Security: IAM, OAuth2, OpenId, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route53, APM, Logging/Audit;
• Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, Helm charts, K8s Secrets/Config Maps;
• DevOps: Terraform, GitHub, Artifactory, Automated Testing.
We are seeking a Team Lead Engineer to help our team through coaching, mentoring, constant feedback and implementing shared code, libraries, inner source projects, config and sample solutions that delivery teams utilize when building applications.
Objectives of this role
Provide MassMutual developers solution reference code and components that bootstrap application development and the adoption of architecture patterns and platforms.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
• The software engineer(s) will be part of a new development team aimed at bridging the gap between architecture strategy and delivery teams by creating sample/common components that can be cloned/forked by developers when building applications;
• The technology scope is broad and includes evaluating modern technology stacks/frameworks and deploying working implementations of patterns to the EA Reference Cloud environment;
• Researching, designing, coding and testing the implementation of shared code, components, services, config, templates, etc.