Junior Actuary | Actuarial Services
We place significant emphasis on our people and their life context, fostering the KPMG culture with our values, energy and trust. As a KPMG employee your career progression follows a well-defined career path where you have access to a wide range of formal and informal training opportunities, as well as new programs that explore leadership skills from the very beginning of your career in KPMG: The Intrapreneurship Program, Non Executives Millennial Board, Coaching Program etc.
Being part of KPMG means having the chance to work with many supportive and talented people, who are willing to share their experience & expertise with you. We also put technology at the heart of our daily activities by exploring new innovative approaches and encouraging our people to be groundbreaking in their thinking.
Making the right career choice is important. Finding the right place to do that is essential. Are you a young professional looking for a great start to your career?
• Good knowledge of English
• Curiosity and a lifelong learning mindset
• Out of the box thinking
• Strong problem solving & analytical skills
• Judgment & decision-making skills
• Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles
• Business-oriented attitude, creativity and assertiveness
• Team player and taking ownership of your actions.
• Desire to make an actuarial career within KPMG and passionate about actuarial science;
• University Degree or last year student (Economics, Applied Mathematics or Actuarial and Financial Mathematics);
• Knowledge and understanding of basic actuarial techniques (Modeling, Reserving, Reporting, etc), Solvency 2 and IFRS 17 is a plus;
• Strong skills in working with huge amounts of data (Excel, Access), SQL is a plus.
• Assist the audit teams with actuarial valuations in different audit engagements to clients;
• Support audit department with actuarial valuations reports;
• Ensure the compliance with KPMG code of ethics;
• Display up to date technical knowledge by attending all mandatory training, completing all required computer based training within deadlines set and applying this training to advisory work where appropriate;
• Comply with all confidentiality policies of KPMG and applicable regulatory authorities.
- You will become an integral part of the engagement team, creating good contacts and developing relationships with client teams and the wider business community;
- You will develop an understanding of clients’ systems and processes. You will apply knowledge gained through training and on-the-job experience to undertake risk based assessments of the level of work required;
- You will own assigned work and assist more senior members of the team;
- You will seek to embed technology and data analytics into the work process.
Career Development & what we offer:
- You will be supported in your career progression through performance management, formal and informal training, personal development programs etc;
- You will have access to travel opportunities for client engagements and learning & development programs;
- Opportunity to work in a team that is one of the leading professional services provider in Romania, in the Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) and globally;
- Possibility to enhance your theoretical and practical knowledge;
- Valuable experience in an international environment;
- Long term career opportunity.
Suitable applicants will be invited for tests and interviews.