General Ledger Accountant (remote)
We are Genpact. Transformation happens here!
With a startup spirit and 90.000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands – and we have fun doing it! Now, we’re calling all the rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us!
Genpact in Romania
We are #1 in TOP Best Employers 2019 in the BPO category. With more than 3.500 employees in our Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest offices, we are ranked as the largest employer and talent developer in the business services industry. Our service portfolio includes four big domains: Finance and Accounting, Procurement and Supply Chain, Collections and Customer Service and IT infrastructure Management.
A constantly growing company
In Romania, Genpact is constantly looking for talents to join our growing teams in Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca. We work exclusively with foreign language speakers for different roles such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Customer Support, IT Support, Procurement and Order Management.
While working with Genpact, you will enjoy flexibility reflected in the balance between work and personal life, as well as work from home possibility. At the same time, you will have access to a lot of extensive learning programs like career mentorship and trainings tailored for skills and personal development.
What you should expect from Genpact?
In Genpact, we appreciate the efficient and fast decision makers, the ones that constantly come with fresh ideas and those who dare to apply their knowledge to solve real world challenges. For them, we always do our best to mix work with fun.
What Genpact expects from you?
As a Genpacteer, your DNA should be filled with high energy levels, innovation, courage and will to learn. And don’t forget: we think and dream in digital!
Work from an office built like a home!
In Bucharest, our office is located in Hermes Business Park (300 m from Pipera subway station). The whole building has been built to keep Genpacteers sharp and efficient thanks to the cozy lounges and social areas (6 state of the art relaxation rooms, 400 parking places, bicycle parking with showers, kindergarten, yoga studio soon).
In Cluj, the Genpact office is located in Riviera Business Center One & United Business Center (near Iulius Mall) and has 4.200 mp, 4 floors, 4 cafeterias and 2 relaxation rooms.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The position will be part of Genpact’s new operations in Prague (Czechia), which can be fulfilled & supported remotely.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and at least one additional European language like Spanish, Italian, German, French on intermediate (B1) level;
- Accounting experience in a multi-gap environment;
- First experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment or in the R2R function of an SSC;
- Ability to learn/ understand processes quickly and adhere to them accurately;
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit;
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style when dealing with client affiliates auditors;
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Compliance & controllership mindset;
- Numerate with a good eye for detail;
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of ERP platforms (SAP/Oracle).
- Knowledge of European GAAP or IFRS standards.
- General accounting tasks (GL account maintenance, journal entries, closing activities, reporting etc.), Asset Accounting (capitalization, depreciation, amortization), inventory accounting and cost accounting;
- Making the balance sheets and checking all the in scope accounts (fixed assets, client accounts, supplier accounts, etc.);
- Closings and reconciliations for the managed accounts;
- Analyzing and following the accounting journals, making reclassifications and corrections;
- Analyzing and investigating the blocked items for payment on trade accounts payable accounts;
- Handling and reconciling the intercompany transactions and accounts;
- Handling the accounts reconciliation for the group companies according to procedures, when required;
- Managing the salary related expenses;
- Offering the necessary reports and information for the internal and external controls;
- Preparing monthly performance reports according to the established contract indicators and any other additional requested reports to be reviewed by the client;
- Communicating in a timely manner any relevant information related to the process;
- Respecting the activity schedule established with the customer;
- Fulfills any other ad-hoc activity required by the manager or customer.
What can we offer?
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Various trainings (initiating, soft skills)
- Possibility of development
- Benefits (Meal Tickets, Medical Services, Insurance, additional vacation days, partner discounts)