Senior C makefile Build Engineer
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Mandatory Skills Description:
Technical skills required:
- Experience in C/C++
- Strong experience in C/C++ build tools & complex architectures - specifically systems based on Makefiles
- Good experience using cross compilers
Soft skills required:
- Very good written and spoken English
- Work effectively in a distributed team
- Problem-solving attitude, ability to analyze business requirements and propose fixes
- Willing to learn and deliver using a wide range of technologies
- Good communication skills and team player
- Experience working on Makefile infrastructure for large C/C++ projects (over 5mil lines of code)
- Experience working with non-recursive Make systems
- Experience in using object cache methods, ccache
You will be part of a multi-national team of 50+ young passionate developers and testers responsible for the development of the next generation SDN (Software-Defined Networking) solution for Data Center networking.
The solution targets Data Centers of large organizations, including private/hybrid/public cloud environments.
It is addressing the needs of users requiring an easier option than switch-by-switch, CLI-based approaches for equipment management and can automate time-consuming tasks such as the configuration of L2-L3 network devices.
We are looking for a Software Developer / Build Engineer with strong experience in C/C++ and Makefiles to join our team.
One of the projects currently ongoing is merging the codebases used by 2 different lines of products (L2-L3 devices).
As part of the team, this engineer will be responsible for implementing a fully automated build process.
- Re-architecture the Makefile infrastructure of 2 lines of products that share the same source code in order to implement a single automated build process
- Restructure the Makefile infrastructure to support a larger code base and cross-compilation
- Implement a highly readable/highly parallel build system to get faster turn around time for builds
- Reduce the complexity of existing Makefile infrastructure
- Work with engineers to be able to understand the implication of changes to existing Makefile infrastructure and roll out in a safe manner
Reasons to join us:
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitious ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.