QA automation engineer with Java
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Mandatory Skills Description:
• 5+ years of hands on experience in test automation.
• Experience of industry standard test tools and testing frameworks(e.g. HP ALM 11, UFT, Selenium).
• Understanding of testing across the full Software Development lifecycle.
• Experience of planning and executing testing across all layers.
• Experience of building out technical testing solutions adhering to frameworks and standards.
• Solid experience in test documentation design including test plans, test strategy, test cases, etc.
• Strong knowledge of testing processes and defect tracking(preferably JIRA)
• Experience of providing input into technical frameworks and strategies.
• Customer and service orientation to support interaction with team resources and clients.
• Proven experience with Risk Management and Control policies and procedures.
• Proactively, initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
• Good written and spoken English: upper intermediate and higher
Additional requirements (desirable):
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM
• System integration testing experience
• Continuous Integration: TeamCity or Jenkins
• Linux shell
• Participation and/or completion in testing certification programs (ISTQB, ISEB or tool specific certifications).
• Load & Performance automation experience: HP LoadRunner, Jmeter
The QA Automation Engineer will participate in the hands on test creation and automated execution, analysis and reporting of testing activities for different layers of the application; creation or improvement of internal tools and test frameworks.
The QA Automation Engineer works with the test team to develop testing strategies and devise test plans in order to ensure that applications meet business functional and non-functional requirements and maintain the Client's high quality standards.
• Analyzing product requirements and specifications.
• Ensures that testing activities are conducted in accordance to the testing strategy and plan.
• Executes or contributes to proof of concept using technical tools and helping to evaluate ROI and feasibility studies.
• Enhances 'best of breed' framework/harness for automation testing.
• Implements or contributes to automation/performance test strategies.
• Defines requirements for test data environments.
• Defines or contributes to test effort estimation based on experience, tools and historical data.
• Creates test data, writing and executing of test cases/scripts.
• Ensures that test packs are maintained and have incorporated any specific tests that have been identified following a production incident.
• Analyses test results, document issues, and retests corrections to ensure that problems are resolved.
• Ensures that test risks and issues are recorded and escalated as appropriate.
• Document and maintain project documentation and communicate results.
• Ensures the timely reporting and classification of defects.
• Ensures adherence to testing best practices and the Client's testing standards.
• Co-ordinates with all team members - QA/BA/DEV/PM.
• Collaborates with other peers to minimize testing inter-dependency issues and agree to migration to live environment.
• Aligns to the wider team/group objectives.
• Champions and participates in the activities of the broader QA & Testing profession and Community of Practice.
• Adheres to Client's Policies and Procedures.
• Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
Reasons to join us:
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitious ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.