System Engineer, IT Windows
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Experience and competencies required:
· Preferred 2 - 3 years of VMware and Windows Administration experience
· Experience supporting a large-scale, multi-platform enterprise computing environment delivered via Citrix preferred.
· Working knowledge of XenApp/Desktop 7.X, Citrix Access Gateway, and Citrix NetScaler 10.X
· Power Shell Scripting (or equivalent scripting languages skills)
· Good Network Understanding (proxy, networking)
· VMware Technology (VCP preferred)
· Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
· Citrix Technology ( CCA-V)
· Familiar with containerization technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
· Prometheus, Grafana, ELK experience – nice to have
· Cloud Strategy and Administration – nice to have
· Experience with external dedicated storage – nice to have
· Installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring and continuously optimizing IT solutions in the area of Operating System, virtualization, storage, backup/archiving
· Performing design and implementation of complex technical solutions and infrastructure architecture based on VMware/Citrix/Microsoft platforms
· Experience supporting a large-scale, multi-platform enterprise computing environment
· Providing subject matter expertise support for assessing and resolving incidents and problems.
· Recommend improvements and enhancements to existing systems
· Develop and maintain documentation of hardware, systems, software, and licensing
· Participate in after-hours support and on-call rotations as needed
· Actively contribute to all ongoing and new internal projects
· Ensure compliance with Security standards for hardening Operating Systems
Sounds challenging? We have some extra benefits for you:
· Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose couple of days per week;
· Dedicated employee phone subscription;
· Annual Company Bonus;
· Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel;
· Meal Tickets;
· Private Health Insurance;
· Private Life Insurance.