The Procurement Specialist is responsible for delivering high-quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing. This person ensures quality of services provided and contributes to improvement and knowledge management of purchasing processes.
Qualify Purchasing Request
Create and Maintain Purchase Order
Identify Opportunity and Launch Sourcing Project
• Be responsible for purchase order (PO) processing.
• Support the user defining purchase requests when needed.
• Define the correct buying channel for each request; choose the best supplier in terms of price, quality and lead time.
• Ensure that a PO is created correctly (BORG info, currencies, quantity, etc.), and follow up on any issues related to PO creation.
• Create and dispatch supplier POs to supplier.
• Involve the Procurement Specialist Spot Buyer in spot buys when no catalogs are available.
• Involve the Procurement Specialist Field in spot buys when local knowledge is required or if purchase threshold is exceeded.
• Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and P2P Specialist.
• Escalate complex issues to the Category Procurement Leader.
• Perform knowledge management.
• Perform problem solving for noncomplex issues with operations users.
• Trigger catalog and buying guide updates when required.
• Propose documentation changes and process improvements when required.
• Track deviations and raise nonconformance's in QUEST.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects.
• Use all required procurement tools when required or mandated by process (Ariba, ASL, QUEST).