Senior Graphic Designer
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Core competencies, requirements, knowledge and experience:
• 3-5 years’ creative production experience (video, image - static, animated) in relevant industry creative agency or equivalent.
• Specific advanced knowledge of digital video editing and creation as per the digital video formats needed in social media, performance platforms, programmatic & display.
• Experience with HTML and the Adobe Creative Suite (advanced user of Adobe Animate and Photoshop with experience of Illustrator and InDesign; advanced user of Premiere Pro/Adobe After effects.
• A firm grasp on Interaction design and User Experience design
• Proven experience of working across an assorted number of projects, able to solve problems and keep within strict and tight deadlines
• Must have excellent knowledge of the digital landscape
• Expertise in delivering brand consistency across multiple communication channels and must have demonstrated excellent attention to detail
• Must have and present a portfolio that demonstrates experience of problem-solving, and working with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms (e.g. desktop and mobile, Android and iOS, etc).
• Proven track record of driving projects and creating impact through pragmatic problem solving
• Proven experience in supporting/managing junior members of a creative team, especially with creative systems, tools and processes
• Knowledge of Search PPC, Social Media and Programmatic operational/technology platforms
• Experience working with Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) technology, is a plus
• Expertise in working with Digital Asset Management platforms and other asset-storage platforms, is a plus
• Good communication skills essential. Independent and strong work ethic.
Key responsibilities, accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Responsible for the creation of graphic/creative assets (Video, Image-Static, Animated) in line with briefs provided by the Media Team and Brand Manager for local Vodafone campaign and content activity
• All concepts/creative assets to be produced consistently across all Social and Digital marketing channels
• Production of high-quality design solutions from concept to final artwork, on brief and to deadline —Show continued initiative by looking for digital performance creative design opportunities
• Ensuring the creation of ground-breaking digital products across the suite of Vodafone products and services
• Ensure assets can quickly be repurposed, reducing creative production downtime on future design requests
• When necessary, work with external agencies and develop assets in support of brand objectives and performance
• Investigate regular online research to understand trends, users’ behavior in online and e-commerce, to inspire and innovate
• Work closely with Group Media Team – and as part of wider media community – in the development of strategic and operational best practice
• Expected to deliver user-centric designs for products, design content and provide continual optimization and enhancements to Vodafone digital assets.
Sounds challenging? We have some extra benefits for you:
• Work from Home (but you are based in Romania), because your safety is highly important for us; After the current situations will be pass, you will have the freedom to work from home 3 days per week;
• Dedicated employee phone subscription;
• Annual Company Bonus;
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel;
• Meal Tickets;
• Private Health Insurance;
• Private Life Insurance.
Together we can!