SENIOR TAX MANAGER / EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Grant Thornton Romania active
View all jobs SENIOR TAX MANAGER / EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Over the last three years we are the fastest growing large accounting organisation and we are constantly evolving and developing alongside our clients.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, finance / accounting or law.
• At least 8-10 years of experience in tax advisory field or as in-house tax advisor. Experience with the Romanian tax authority, as well as with reputable training providers in international tax is also valuable.
• Relevant professional qualification (i.e., ADIT), and membership with the relevant professional body (i.e., CCFR). CECCAR, ANEVAR or ACCA membership would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in all areas of taxation: direct taxes, indirect taxes, corporate and taxation of individuals, transfer pricing, as well as exposure on both tax compliance and tax advisory jobs. Specialization in indirect tax might be a plus.
• Fluent in English (writing, reading, speaking); any other foreign language is a plus.
• Coordinating complete range of tax engagements under the instructions and review of the tax partner in charge, by liaising with the team of managers, seniors and juniors, as well as with professionals in the other business lines (e.g., audit, advisory, BPS).
• Reviewing the draft deliverables of managers in direct tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing, and preparing the deliverables for the final partner review.
• Preparing complex tax advice, complex tax health check / due diligence reports, complaints against the tax decisions issued by the tax authorities and other documents needed in complex tax procedures (e.g., binding tax rulings, mutual agreement procedures, advance pricing agreements etc.).
• Coaching and mentoring the managers, seniors and juniors on their day-to-day activity.
• Organizing internal training sessions, together with the team, as well as informal technical meetings as part of the CPD of the Grant Thornton Romania’s tax team.
• Supervising the work in tax compliance missions and reviewing the tax computation and tax returns with a high level of difficulty.
• Interacting with the tax authorities in order to solve complex matters of the clients (e.g., representation during the tax audits, filing complaints, participating in meetings for presenting the situation of the clients, participating in meetings for discussing changes in legislation etc.).
• Managing the relationship with the assigned portfolio of clients, under direct supervision and review of the partner in charge.
• Performing, supervising, or reviewing the internal procedures regarding client acquisition, independence check, legal compliance obligations (e.g., AML, DAC6, GDPR etc.), contracting, billing and collection process, as part of portfolio management activity.
• Working efficiently as a team member, sharing responsibilities, providing support, improving, maintaining and updating communication with the management team.