Head of Cloud Development Romania for Development Romania Enterprise Cloud team in Hosting
We are Europe's leading internet specialist. To secure our continued success, we need enthusiastic people who want to help us shape the future of the internet.Requirements
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
● Promoting engineering excellence, both on your team and across larger development organizations, is second nature.
● Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices
● Passion and experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers
● Strategic thinker, effective communicator, and technology expert.
● Demonstrated ability to deliver with deep understanding of business mechanics.
● Experience leading and scaling high-performance technology teams that deliver distributed systems
● Experience in continuously shipping products and coordinating releases with relevant stakeholders
● Strong record of accomplishment of building and scaling technical infrastructure and architecture of complex platforms.
● Experience working in cross-functional teams as well as working with stakeholders from engineering, operations, support and product teams
● Solid hands-on experience with building high quality products by writing elegant code
● Experience with attracting, recruiting and retaining talent
● Experience conveying complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats
● Overseeing the department's strategies (technical, hiring/retaining talent, best practices & technology stacks)
● Hiring, building and managing excellent engineering teams, creating an environment of responsibility, trust and autonomy.
● Planning and executing complex technical projects related to Cloud products and services
● Working in a 360 approach to identify risks, opportunities and develop strategic directions (ie product, organizational, etc).
● Contributing to the overall architecture, design and development of our Cloud products and services
● Developing processes to improve product performance and quality
● Ensuring successful product and feature rollouts, as well as reliable operations
● Maintaining and improving team performance and quality of life
● Creating a healthy team culture and transparent communication
● Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings
● Managing the end-to-end technology execution.
● Ensuring consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance.
● Discovering and implementing new technologies that yield competitive advantages.
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
The Cloud Development Romania Department is seeking a highly motivated and experienced technical leader to support our managers and engineers developing and running our Enterprise Cloud products and services. This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers provide coaching and aid in personal growth and development.
We are looking for someone strongly familiar with leading engineering teams based on a servant leadership mindset. You will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality. As such, you will also manage recruitment of the team as we grow. This role is part of the Hosting business line and has a double reporting line, to the Head of Development Romania and the Head of Ionos Cloud Technology.
About the role:
We are looking for someone passionate to lead our Cloud Development department in providing excellent products, service and support.
At 1&1 IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. Open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit characterize us. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of our organization and grow with us.