QA Automation Engineer for SMB Product Romania team in Hosting
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs 1&1 Internet Development active
View all jobs QA Automation Engineer for SMB Product Romania team in Hosting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications. Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
1&1 SMB Product Romania's mission is to make having an online presence accessible for any busy SMB owner, by building an ecosystem of do-it-yourself services, spanning from website builder to online marketing, that our customers can use to be successful online. Customer-centricity and design-driven product work are our DNA.
Our outlook is to serve and enable millions of SMB owners and individuals to build their online presence dream.
As a QA Automation Engineer in SMB Product Romania your primary responsibility is to test and validate developments taking place within the product, and ultimately enable the best reliable user experience for customers looking to build a website on their own.
You will have the opportunity to be part of and influence product and technical decisions, build a robust and dependable test suite, and enable workflows and features that will allow customers to build their dream on the web.
- Join a cross-functional agile team and be responsible for testing and validating Frontend and Backend functionalities and services
- Design and develop automated testing solutions
- Work on the maintenance and improvement of existing testing projects
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents in order to provide timely and meaningful feedback to project stakeholders
- Estimate, plan and execute testing activities
- Report testing results and log discovered defects
- Work closely with the product management and development colleagues to help deliver high-quality features
- Act as an interface with Customer Care
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in Software Quality Assurance with at least 3 years in Test Automation
- Proficiency in Java at the level to be able to create and easily understand test automation frameworks
- Proven in-depth experience with several testing tools & frameworks, e.g. JUnit, Selenium WebDriver, Serenity BDD, Cucumber, REST Assured, Apache JMeter, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Test Automation principles and best practices (e.g. The Testing Pyramid)
- Good understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Full professional proficiency in English
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with build tools like Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience with a continuous integration tool such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with databases and Docker containers
- Past experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with BitBucket or GitHub
- ISTQB certification