Product Owner for SMB Product Romania team in Hosting
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications. Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
1&1 SMB Product Romania's mission is to make having an online presence accessible for any busy SMB owner, by building an ecosystem of do-it-yourself services, spanning from website builder to online marketing, that our customers can use to be successful online. Customer-centricity and design-driven product work are our DNA. Our outlook is to serve and enable millions of SMB owners and individuals to build their online presence dream.
As a Product Owner in SMB Product Romania you will shape, maintain and communicate the product vision to the Development Team and key stakeholders across the company. You will work with an Agile Development Team to fulfill the Team’s Mission of crafting a modern and accessible Online Presence ecosystem, identifying and developing key customer journeys across multiple touch-points, and integrating new Applications meant to help customers go online and grow their Online Presence.
You work with the Product Managers, Software Architects and the Development Team to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. You are a key decision maker on priorities, roadmap and design decisions, and will be working with stakeholders across the company to ensure that everyone is aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle. You constantly develop a deep understanding of the customer’s needs, and act as the customer champion when working with the Development team.
- Work with Product Managers and key stakeholders across the company to define goals and product features
- Act as an ambassador for the product, internally and externally
- Act as the primary point of contact for queries related to the product
- Inspire development teams to deliver an exciting product and infuse an appropriate sense of urgency
- Prioritize and manage the product backlog
- Write user stories and groom the backlog together with the development team
- Develop, gather and document requirements with an appropriate level of detail so that they are clearly understood by the Development Team
- Define and measure success for Product releases by establishing important performance indicators and metrics to monitor and act upon
- Make sure all Product Releases comply with Legal requirements for all markets where the company sells its Applications and Services
- Work on defining quarterly OKRs with the team and actively participate in OKR heartbeats
- Keep a close relationship with the Customer Care team, brief them on new product releases, and identify customer pain-points and Support calls drivers so that actions can be taken to reduce them
- Attend the Development Team’s scrum ceremonies
- Manage basic Project Management tasks for the Development Team, such as Release and Roadmap Planning, Capacity Planning, etc.
- Be available for occasional travel to Germany (post-pandemic)
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Product Owner
- Have been involved with high-scale SaaS products (hundreds of thousands to millions of customers)
- Have worked with Agile Development Teams before
- Good grasp on web technologies and how web applications work
- You are a master of bringing your thoughts across in a simple way, understandable for different audiences (Engineering, Design, Commercial Management, Product Management, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Great communication skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Conflict management skills
- User Experience Design background or demonstrated affinity is a Plus (e.g: deeply involved within the design process)
- Have worked on products targeting Small and Medium Businesses
- Experience working with OKRs
- Experience with developing for/with WordPress