Tool Support Engineer
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Short task description
Configure and integrate software static and dynamic analysis tools like code checkers, coverage measuring tools and continuous integration tools. Participate in improvement projects with the focus of increasing the quality and efficiency of the whole development process. Increase the automation level of integration and deployment activities used in the development and test of railway interlocking systems.
Job responsibilities include:
- In charge of regression tests campaigns automation and execution on the integrated system
- Migrate build systems to newer technologies
- Maintenance and diagnose product build systems and automated CI processes
- Extension of test environment automation tools and scripts
- Deployment of artefacts into the integration environment
- Engineering tools setup, configuration and integration into the existing CI processes
- Collaboration with engineering support team to maintain & improve the on premise and cloud engineering environments
- Collaboration with development teams solve together the issues found
The development will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from Germany (Stuttgart, Berlin) and Austria (Wien).
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical study of Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics or similar)
Requested technical competencies:
- Experience with any software build systems (GNU Makefile, Maven or Gradle)
- Knowledge of Unix based operating systems
- Experience with Shell, Python or Perl scripting
- Ability to learn new programming/scripting languages and different technologies/OS
- Basic experience in engineering tools configuration (Jira, DOORS, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience with any version control tools – Git/Bitbucket, Gitlab, ClearCase
Would be a plus:
- User experience of working on cloud platform (AWS)
- Experience with Nexus and Maven
- Knowledge of Jenkins Pipelines and Groovy
- Experience with Git repositories (Gerrit, BitBucket)
- Experience with Websocket and REST APIs
- Code analysis skills (e.g. QAC, Coverity, VectorCast, BlackDuck, SonarQube)
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Very good cognitive aptitudes
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation, assertiveness)
- English – business fluent
- Professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans etc.