Senior Software Engineer (Java/Scala/Spark) - Romania - Remote
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization, and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Team:
The data engineering team is on a mission to create a hyper scale data lake, which helps finding bad actors and stop breaches.
The team builds and operates systems to centralize all of the data the Falcon platform collects, making it easy for internal and external customers to transform and access the data for analytics, machine learning, and threat hunting.
As an engineer on the team you will contribute to the full spectrum of our systems, from foundational processing and data storage, through scalable pipelines, to frameworks, tools and applications that make that data available to other teams and systems.
Our new colleague will work remotely during Covid and then from the Bucharest office (having also the option to work from home) or from Romania (Remote).
● Design, develop, and maintain a data platform that processes petabytes of data
● Participate in technical reviews of our products and help us develop new features and enhance stability
● Continually help us improve the efficiency of our services so that we can delight our customers
● Help us research and implement new ways for both internal stakeholders as well as customers to query their data
efficiently and extract results in the format they desire
● We are looking for a candidate with a BS and 7+ years in building products and processing data at scale
● A solid understanding of algorithms, distributed systems design and the software development lifecycle
● Solid background in Java/Scala and a scripting language like Python
● Experience building large scale data pipelines
● Strong familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem including : Spark, Kafka, Hive, Apache Presto, etc.
● Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres/MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
● Good test driven development discipline
● Reasonable proficiency with Linux administration tools
● Proven ability to work effectively with remote teams
Nice to have skills:
● Protocol Buffers/GRPC
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
● Market leader in compensation
● Comprehensive health benefits
● Working with the latest technologies
● Training budget (certifications, conferences)
● Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
● Wellness programs
● Peer recognition
● Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
● Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
Interviewing process: online