Senior Software Engineer for Airspace Teams
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
About Our Team
We are developing a very competitive solution for Air Traffic Management, used across many countries all over the World. Our TopSky-C ATC system helps traffic controllers contribute to maintaining the highest levels of safety in the airspace.
Airspace Mobility Solutions (AMS) business line is a safe, friendly and people-focused environment, built on mutual respect, trust and growth. We employ coaching and building leaders as means of achieving our dream.
An impressive 2 out of every 3 planes around the world land and take-off with the help of Thales. We combine half a century’s experience in development and deployment with an unrivalled worldwide installed base, advanced technology and ground-breaking innovations to deliver solutions that are continually adapted to the ever-changing aviation system’s needs.
We, at AMS, believe we should:
- Be proud of the quality of what we deliver
- Undergo continuous improvement and personal growth
- Have a high level of Agile maturity values, principles and processes
- Have supportive and friendly team
- Abide to servant leadership principles
- Assess our activity using management by results
A typical work day:
- Scrum ceremonies
- Solving any pending or blocking issues
- Develop new features and solve bugs
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g. Integration, Validation, System etc.)
- Testing the features that you have developed
- Technical design sessions
- Estimating enhancement requests for prospective and existing customers
- Updating our team knowledge base
We are now creating a new team and we look for a fellow software engineer to help us keeping the skies safe.
If the sanitary conditions will allow, travel will be required for transferring the competencies.
- Knowledge of ADA / C / C++ / Java programming languages (or the willingness to learn if not all are known)
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of configuration and change management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to understand and debate on complex technical issues
- Clean code
- Git, SVN
Nice to have:
- Design Patterns
- An understanding of requirements and configuration management, aeronautical Software and Hardware standard (e.g. DO-278) and Air Traffic Control
- Qt/C++ and X/Motif
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Perl etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration environments (e.g.: Jenkins)
- Optimistic and can-do attitude
- Values: Focus, Openness, Respect, Courage, Commitment
- Fluent in English
- Collaborative attitude
- Desire to grow on technical and personal levels
Nice to have:
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills