Java Developer for VDC Development team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
The main project aims to provide management applications for Infrastructure and Networking components contained in the 1&1 Ionos Datacenters. The candidate would be working with a team of developers on implementing various backend and middleware components.
- Implement REST APIs for backend and middleware components
- Write unit and integration tests for own features
- Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment
- Work independently with minimal supervision
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 3+ years of experience developing software using Java
- 1 + more years of experience working on REST services
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and ORM with Mysql/Postrgresql experience
- Strong algorithmic and problem solving thinking
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with Git and GitFlows
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Sonar/SonarCloud