iOS Developer for Portal Products Development Romania team in Portal
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications. Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
We develop the most successful Freemail services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE - and are currently looking for a Senior iOS Developer for our office in Bucharest. As a member of the iOS Mobile Development Agile team your work will be geared to advancing the worldwide success of our products. By deploying and utilising leading edge technologies, you will be designing and developing new functionalities for millions of domestic GMX, WEB.DE, as well as mail.com and 1&1 users worldwide. You will have the opportunity to work with open source projects and take advantage of "slack" days where you can try out new technologies or develop pet projects and thereby actively improve your knowledge and skills.
- You will write structured and testable code in Swift and be able to maintain existing Objective-C code while following agile practices.
- You will create new Unit and UI Tests and improve the exiting ones.
- You must deliver high quality code and contribute your know-how by the way of code reviews, technical discussions and Proof Of Concept projects as well as coach and onboard new colleagues.
- You will enrich our products with your own ideas and give technically sound feedback to product owners and UI/UX with regard to new features.
- You can take advantage of regular slack days to work on personally desired product features, learn more about exciting new technologies and other similar topics.
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- You should be familiar with Swift, Objective C, Cocoa and Core Data, where you command excellent specialist know-how.
- You should have experience in Unit- and UI Testing, Continuous Integration as well as interaction with source code management tools such as Git.
- You should be experienced with Client-/Server technologies such as REST, HTTP and JSON.
- You should be an independent, strong communicator and enjoy agile working approaches in teams.