Head of Software Development for Development Romania Portal Products team in Portal
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications. Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
1&1 Mail & Media operates and WEB.DE & GMX, two of Germany's largest Internet portals, as well as an Internet portal catering to an international audience. Through these brands, we are able to reach over 39 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts. In addition to a large editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to a variety of internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services.
About the services: In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring (we are also a member of the CalConnect international consortium), online office editor (we active contributors to open source Libre Office community as well), messaging, lottery and web hosting products. The Paid Products Team currently handles all paid services offered to our portal customers that are developed in Romania.
- Lead and inspire a team of highly skilled engineers
- Participate in the elaboration of technical concepts and in the architecture boards
- Supervise technical work; participate in code reviews, guide and mentor engineers
- Secure realistic release plans together with the QA team lead, the Product Owner and IT-Ops
- Actively Involved in the security process
- Monitor the live product metrics, act quickly in case of defects
- Collaborate tightly with our IT-Ops for fast resolution of live errors and for continuous process improvement
- Drive the Agile development process though personal leadership and a deep understanding of the methodology
- Act as the first point of contact for any project related-related topics from our German partners
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Proven interest and passion for some of the following topics: Software Architecture, Project; Management, Leadership, Process development, Programming, Security, Web Development (Java)
- Ability to manage complex technical and people systems
- Ability to work and inspire highly skilled engineers
- Excellent communicator
- Initiative, autonomy and personal drive