C++ Developer for Infrastructure and Network Development team in Hosting
We are Europe's leading internet specialist. To secure our continued success, we need enthusiastic people who want to help us shape the future of the internet.Cerinte
Would be a plus:
• Product-oriented development mindset and a responsible ownership attitude towards software components
• Strong understanding of systems resilience, concurrency, and scalability concerns
• Openness to take new approaches, learn new concepts and technologies
• An open collaboration approach and transparent communication
• Be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for
• Take part in all phases of development, maintenance and housekeeping of the Enhanced Backup solution
• Work closely with Product Owners, Architects to define the best technical solutions that match our product vision
• Collaborate with an international organization of software developers
• Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C++ code
• Work closely with other engineers to develop new products
• Work on extensions of existing products
• Suggest and implement improvements on current products
• Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules
• Hands on of algorithm complexities
• Development of the next generation software
• Basic Database systems - indexes, filters
• Very good written and verbal English skills
About the company:
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
The Infrastructure and Network Development Team – part of Domains and Global Platform Hosting Department - is responsible for the development of internal tooling used for 1&1 Internet both backend platform and frontend management UIs. We are an experienced team developing applications and tools that are used in a very complex ecosystem. Active projects are focusing on developing Orchestrators for Datacenter and Network infrastructure. We are staying in contact with DevOps technologies like Kubernetes/Open Shift, Docker containers, Jenkins and others. We are working in a very friendly environment and we support each team member to evolve and learn new technologies. We have a proficiency in Open Source technologies and encourage every member to become contributor to different Open Source projects.