FrontEnd Developer with Angular
2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share by simplifying the complexities of modern commerce. 2Checkout’s digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In August 2020, 2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. Verifone is connecting payment devices to the cloud, merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
Built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security with approximately 29 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Verifone’s team is known as trusted experts who work with clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. Verifone has clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers.
Verifone revolutionizes commerce. Simply. Everywhere.
As part of the new journey, 2Checkout (now Verifone) is growing the talented tech team in Bucharest where it will create an R&D excellence center.
Almost 100 jobs will be open in the following months to work on top-notch payments like: integrating alternative payment methods, payments authentication, mobile POS application, payment gateway solutions, android platform for payment devices and others.
The new colleagues will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies for solutions used in more than 150 markets in which Verifone operates. They will also contribute to the development of ultra-innovative payment solutions and integrated ecosystems used in all global sales channels, both online and offline, many of which do not currently exist in Romania. This is a collaborative and fast paced work environment, where people work with real time problems, that make a big impact in the industry.
- Comfortable with CSS3 features such as Flexbox, Grid, Animations
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Angular, Current version 8
- Comfortable with reactive programming techniques and TypeScript
- Experience with building SPA and consuming (RESTful) APIs
- Maintain a high standard for creating secure and clean code, as well as applying re-use and optimization skills
- Experience with managing CSS at scale with tools such as CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, Stylus ...) and methodologies such as Atomic design, BEM.
- Knowledge with Docker, NodeJs is a plus.
- You have worked with RxJS and understand design patterns
- Having experience with Node and npm, and the Angular CLI would be an advantage too in building toolchains.
- You know the ins- and outs- of effective CI and CD (e.g builds, pipelines, branching strategy) processes in a modular, decomposed architecture.
- Having hands-on experience with build systems like Jenkins is a plus
- You will also have the opportunity to craft HTML templates and write SASS using our Verifone Design System based on Bootstrap.
- We love clean, testable, and maintainable code that is cross-browser compatible.
- You are part of a multidisciplinary team being end-to-end responsible for delivery, from concept to production-ready software.
- Designing and implementing the perfect user touchpoint for our platform by creating a UX that users love and that makes all of the platform’s functionalities shine.
- Evaluate mockups with designers and breathe life into them
- Enhance our current Angular-based products
- Maintaining the current stack by researching the evolving front-end tech space, proposing and implementing new best practices.
- Create data visualizations that give our clients hands-on insights to fix their payment problems
- Making the best use of data visualization tools such as D3, DC & other charting frameworks.
We used to be a small company named Dimebox, founded in 2014 to challenge the payments industry with innovative technology that merchants and financial institutions could use to process online payments in a way that was fit for the modern age. We created a future-proof platform that could grow with the evolving needs of today’s market.
In late 2018 we were acquired by Verifone, one of the largest payment technology companies in the world. Their focus was originally mainly on the payment terminals you see in most shops, but with the acquisition of Dimebox they are expanding their foothold in the online payments sector. In 2020 Verifone acquired 2CO with niche products in the ePayments ecosystem. eCommerce within verifone is growing and on it’s way to become a solid competitor offering solutions to the market next to the current big players.
Dimebox delivers new payment technology that is designed to blow legacy solutions out of the water. Ecommerce businesses need a payment platform that offers complete control of the whole payment journey from a single touchpoint. That’s why we work on creating deep data insights, a rock-solid, scalable architecture, and build global integrations with payment methods and banks. Combine that with the highest security and reliability standards and you get an idea of the type of work that our developers do. We’re always looking for the best stack, the best way to scale, and the practices that make sure our platform performs to the standards of giant global clients that process millions of transactions every day.