DevOps Engineer (Privacy Rights Management system)
To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Requirements
You have 3+ years DevOps / SRE or related experience, cloud-native software engineering experience preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (including four or more of VPC, Security Groups, S3, IAM, KMS, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, CloudWatch) also hands-on experience using AWS web console, and AWS CLI.
• Ability to create and modify Terraform IaC.
• RDBMS database infrastructure (e.g. RDS, Aurora) deployment, configuration, and operations including PostgreSQL, MySQL, writing SQL DDL, database backups and migrations.
• Kafka cluster configuration and operation, including Topics, Producers, Consumers.
• Kubernetes cluster configuration and operations including deployment of RESTful microservices written in Node.js, and related security.
• Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements.
• Ability to devise engineering solutions through critical examination of problem and collaboration with team members and customers (developers, architects, engineers).
• Practitioner experience with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Github and practices like CI/CD setup (e.g. Jenkins, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeCommit), BDD frameworks using Gherkin, automated provisioning & release, GitOps.
• Solid cloud and infrastructure experience with a working understanding of cloud infrastructure components at IaaS, PaaS & CaaS abstraction layers, AWS preferred.
• Experience with the full spectrum of software engineering value stream (e.g. build, integration, regression testing, and releasing / deployment).
• Solid understanding of software security, defensive coding techniques, and DevSecOps.
• Highly skilled in automation languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Make, npm) and configuration management tools.
We’re looking for someone whose background looks like the following:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• History of deploying and operating infrastructure in AWS.
• Portfolio of representative successful project work experience available in a shareable format.
• It involves setting up, configuring, updating over time, and operating the AWS infrastructure comprising the system.
• The project aims to provide a Cloud-Native system that automates a high percentage of the workflow associated with customers and employees exercising their Privacy Rights through requests to MassMutual.
• This is a great opportunity to leverage AWS capabilities, and deploy/run sophisticated custom software that will help MassMutual respond to multiple emerging privacy rights regulations like CCPA, CPRA, GDPR and others.
• This role will work with the Solution Architect, Tech Lead, and Software Developers to translate architecture into platform engineering solutions.