Data Scientist Intern
The HP Way is led by our shared values. We solve tough challenges by bringing out the best in each other, working in ways that are good for us and for the world.
… And we have fun doing it!
Heroes Academy@HP is an amazing learning experience, designed to create life-long opportunities that shape your future just the way you want it. Start here, grow here!
We’ve planned a 6-month (June 2021 – December 2021) fulfilling learning path that will grant you access to business know-how, relationship management and all sorts of engaging activities that make up the HP Way.
Each month is designed to provide a unique learning experience during which you will become familiarized with the activities, culture and organization.
The Heroes Academy @HP Internship Program means:
- Paid Internship (part time 6h/day)
- Engaging Onboarding adventure
- Exciting learning and development path
- Buddy program experience
- Great networking opportunities
- Stimulating global culture
Are you a data science enthusiast? Do you like to expand your experience by applying your data science skills to real-world business problems? As a Data Science Intern in the Pricing Analytics Team, you will have a chance to:
- Apply statistical methods to analyse the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance
- Experience building and interpreting machine learning models on real business data
- Visualize and interpret the results of analyses, and create strategy recommendations
- Present the results and the corresponding recommendations to the relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Develop and implement frameworks and processes for systematic data analysis
- Immerse yourself in very large data sets and complex problems
- Develop tools to ingest, merge, and clean datasets
- Enrolled in University or graduating after January 2020
- Independent with a positive attitude, strong willingness to discover and learn
- Fluency in English
- Interest in pricing, economics, and/or consumer behavior
- Scientific thinking and ability to design and critically analyse quantitative research
- Ability to think creatively about research problems and invent original solutions to modeling challenges
- Coursework and/or hands-on experience in quantitative research, with diverse academic backgrounds (Economics, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, etc.) considered
- Proficiency with R is required
- Experience creating data visualizations
- Ability to build and interpret regression models, with machine learning experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build dashboards and other tools using front-end development skills
- Pursuing a master’s degree in data science, statistics, business analytics or related area
Your additional benefits package:
- Flexible working schedule
- Wellness programs, Medical services for you and family, Dental Plan, Fitness Programs, Kindergarten, Transportation, Vacation Vouchers
- Vendors discount program (restaurants, cinema, clothing, and other)