2nd Line RAN Engineer
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Cerinte
To ensure success in this role, you need the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor`s Degree in Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology;
• 1-2 years of experience in Telecommunication;
• Knowledge and experience in telecommunication services and technologies;
• General knowledge of a mobile network architecture (2G, 3G, 4G) with experience in RAN configuration activities (Huawei/Nokia);
• Italian language (spoken and written);
• Results and solutions-oriented.
About our open position: 2nd Line RAN Engineer
As a 2nd Line RAN Engineer, you will be responsible for performing data production and data loading configuration activates necessary for the capacity and coverage expansion of the Vodafone Italy 4G Network; congruent configuration activities on 3G nodes might be needed. Making sure all data loading and data production activities are done according to existing procedures, with minimal impact for customers, and under agreed SLA&KPIs.
A typical day might include the following:
• Evaluating and implementing network changes, ensuring the quality of service, and avoiding regression on network functionalities;
• Assisting field engineers and Network Deployment department during integration, and on-site activities with particular focus 4G deployment;
• Knowledge of sharing, to increase technical skills of other colleagues;
• Driving root causes analysis to identify corrective actions on the configuration activities implemented, in order to achieve targets with limited-service affection.