Data Engineer - Cloud Platform Support
Webhelp is a 50,000 people-strong global leader in business process outsourcing (BPO). We continue to specialise in customer experience but our capabilities extend across voice, social and digital channels. Our outsourced services have also expanded to include payment management, sales and marketing services.
We engineer customer experiences on behalf of some of the world’s most progressive brands and through our transformational outsourcing proposition we can drive performance improvement, deliver a real and lasting transformation in clients’ operating models and deliver material financial advantage.
Since its inception, Webhelp has grown significantly with more than 500 partners being served by our global teams which cross 35 countries and more than 140 customer experience hubs. In the last four years alone, our revenues have grown by more han 250%. We achieved this by investing in our people and the environment they work in, and developing the analytical and operating capability to deliver truly transformational outsourcing with solutions which meet the challenges of a now omni-channel world.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- 100% fluent in English (minimum C1)
- European citizenship or a valid full time work permit
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied mathematics, physics, statistics
- In-depth programming skills in Python or Java
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Understanding of basic web technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, etc.).
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time data processing
- Data warehousing and ETL Tools
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc.)
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Experience with code repositories
- Experience with cloud providers (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services,
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As part of our team, you will be responsible for providing outstanding technical support for our client’s Cloud Platform big data products to worldwide clients.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary package
- Two months of paid training
- Continuous training and certification within our client's products (and our client is renowned for its online certifications)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment, social activities and personal development
- You will be working in a casual environment from Monday to Friday from 9am to
- You will also be working one weekend every two month being extra paid in case that you do so. The weekend working shift could either be from 9am to 6 pm or from 6am to 3pm (according to necessity).
- Starting October, you will also be required to cover some night shifts, so that our clients can receive 24/7 support.