Furniture Designer | Qism Damietta, Egypt | 8 weeks
Furniture designers are responsible for designing and creating different types of furniture from a basic concept or idea. They design using sketchpads, computer software, or a combination of both. Furniture designers often create original prototypes from their initial design and are usually involved in selecting fabrics, colors, and the woods, metals, or plastics used to create furniture pieces. These creatives can either produce designs for commercial furniture manufacturers or work with individuals to create custom pieces that often emphasize form over function. Furniture designers usually work traditional business hours.
- Monday to Thursday, 09:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, 09:00am - 5:00pm
Furniture designers have a set of common tasks that they are expected to complete as part of their job. Based on our review of job listings, these core tasks are:
- Plan and Improve Designs
- Furniture designers are tasked with researching and planning a variety of furniture design styles. They may have to discuss designs with clients who desire custom orders or meet with manufacturers. They may also have to improve upon furniture designs that are already being manufactured with the use of computer-aided design and hard prototypes.
- Choose Materials
- The process of selecting suitable materials – namely woods, plastics, textiles, and metals – is also a common task assigned to furniture designers. Due to their input on the design process, they are the best person to choose the optimal materials for a particular design.
- Consult with Team Members
- Unless a furniture designer is self-employed and works on a small scale, they will have to consult with other craftsmen or production members, such as marketing staff or design engineers.
- Evaluate Issues
- Furniture designers must consider all kinds of issues, such as industry trends, purchasing, manufacturing techniques, and organizing schedules based on availability of project resources.
- Follow Design Trends
- Attending industry-related trainings – such as webinars, seminars, and workshops – is essential to staying up to date, as is attending various furnishing shows and exhibitions.
- Design (Required)
- Graphic design
- 3D Max
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Illustrator
Minimum study level Bachelor (Required)
- Opportunity Fee: 179€ (ONLY if you are accepted by the Company)
- You will require health insurance and visa for the duration of the opportunity.
- Accommodation will be provided
- Computer, Food and Transportation it's not included
- You will be Certified as a Global Talent Participant
- AIESEC will provide you support such as: application support, arrival pickup, accommodation support, leadership development seminar and cultural integration activities.
- 15 Jun, 2021 - 30 Jul, 2021
- Get Certified as a Global Talent Participant
- Develop a set of leadership qualities through our Leadership Development Model
- Get personal & professional support from your local AIESEC office and AIESEC office abroad
- Boost your career prospects with an an international internship in your field
Once you make the application an AIESEC representative will contact you via phone as soon as possible and provide to you more information and guidance. Please make sure to check your inbox or spam mail in for the next 3 days after your application.