Internship | Global Tax Center (VAT)
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
• A Bachelor/Master student or Graduate in Accountancy, Tax or Economics;
• Fluency in English, any other European language is a strong asset;
• Critical minded and good analytical skills;
• Strong communication and team skills, with a willingness to work within a multicultural team;
• Approach tasks in a timely and structured manner;
• Good knowledge of MS Office.
When you first start out as a trainee, you will learn all is there to know about VAT compliance and develop at the same time your task management skills.
• Assist our experienced colleagues in complying with our clients’ VAT obligations, all over Europe and beyond.
• Assist our experienced colleagues in dealing with VAT compliance related topics (registrations, audits, transaction mapping, compliance process optimization);
• Become familiar with the GTCE tools and systems to collect data and generate VAT and other related statements;
• Assist our specialists with analysis and insights through big data.
What we offer:
• Strong investment in your career and constant learning opportunities;
• Continuous coaching-on-the-job;
• An exciting opportunity to work in a team at the forefront of tax technological innovation;
• Integration with our international GTCE team e.g. inclusion in calls, (online) training;
• An understanding and practical experience of indirect tax compliance in EMEA;
• An environment where transparency about our mission, vision and strategy for the future is key.
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. Our offices offer services to multinational and large organizations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of clients.
Taxation lies at the crossroads of law, business, innovation and technology so it is subject to constant change. Our young, dynamic and international team of VAT-compliance specialists thrives on this complexity and sees opportunities in the digitalization of the business environment. It is what keeps us sharp and makes us trendsetters on the market!
At the Global Tax Center Europe (GTCE), we deliver services to more than 200 clients, covering over 30 jurisdictions in EMEA. GTCE is steered by a team in Belgium, supported by an offshore team in India, and is now seeking to expand and consolidate its talented team in Bucharest. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join Deloitte GTCE’s VAT team in Bucharest as a Global Tax Compliance Junior.