Technical Support Engineer for German market
Here’s our story; now tell us yours:
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Advanced German and English language
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an enterprise environment
- Proven track record in troubleshooting complex IT solutions, including identifying and resolving technical issues (level 1-2), ideally with storage solutions
- Excellent planning, priority and time management skills
- Understanding and/or proven work experience with Cisco or Brocade based SAN infrastructures or server and storage hardware
- Industry certifications in at least one of the following (MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA, CCSP, RHCE, RHCA, Solaris SCSA, VCP, VCI)
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer on our Technical Support team in Romania to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Support Engineer your will provide front-line support for a game-changing, enterprise-wide support service. You will join our technical assistance team and provide telephone and email assistance to our customers by resolving their complex IT issues.
- Take ownership of technically complex customer reported issues from web, phone, chat and email sources and work closely with the customer until it is completely resolved working with senior support engineers
- Availability to work in shifts and flexible with overall coverage for technical support.
- Document relevant information and ensure that the customer is communicated in a timely manner regarding the overall progress of their issue
- Resolve customer reported issues while working closely with all involved support functions, other cross functional teams and Engineering team when is needed. Provide technical feedback to Engineering team for improving the product quality and reliability
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.