Senior Accounting Advisor
Here’s our story; now tell us yours:
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Solid Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 6-8 years’ experience in accounting or audit; Fluent in English, self-starter, learns quickly, and attention to detail
- Good understanding of advanced accounting principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
- Has previously been involved into IT projects for developing accounting applications as SME
- Ability to build deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization
- Seeks to develop and demonstrate leadership skills through practice and action; Strong knowledge of systems and automation tools (including Excel and Access, etc).
- Previous experience working in a multinational corporation
- Knowledge of US GAAP
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Accounting team in Bucharest to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Advisor, you will develop and maintain different aspects of accounting systems, including the preparation of financial statements and leadership reports.
- Act as functional area expert for portfolio and end of lease - understand and provide input to the project team of the accounting technical requirements of the functional area represented
- Issue and validate the requirements and deliverables that describe the product within the expertise of portfolio and end of lease
- Walk the product lead and IT developers through different scenarios that best validate the requirements for portfolio and end of lease;
Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios; Test the features within their functional area within UAT
- Provide input into and execute user documentation and training material; Be proactive and engaged during the workshops.
- Understand and direct the GL Configuration for the entity as well as the organizational structure (requires knowledge of all DFS portfolio and end of lease transactions throughout the life of the contract)