Enterprise Architect, Data & Analytics
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500, multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels. The Enterprise Architect, Data & Analytics (please note that the internal job tile is: Technical Executive Director, Enterprise Architecture, Data & Analytics) will be responsible for direction and promoting continuous technology evolution of Estée Lauder Companies, including strategic technology decisions, architectural upgrades and partner integrations. In this capacity the Enterprise Architect will engage with Brands, Regions, Functions and Technical leaders and teams globally to set direction and oversee, accelerate, and inspire the evolution of our technology capabilities. The Enterprise Architect will report directly to the Global Vice President of Enterprise Architecture. He/She is well versed in emerging technology innovations, trends and aware of the current happenings in the technology community. The Enterprise Architect is both a pathfinder and design authority, ensuring that patterns and frameworks continue to enable business growth and speed. The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for Reference Architectures, Implementations and Use Cases:
- Strong experience in Azure and AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud technologies, patterns and best practices
- Integration Technologies
- Demonstrated experience with several Big Data platforms & concepts (MPP, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MongoDB, Graph and NoSQL databases, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Snap Logic, Master Data Management).
- Proficient in diagramming technologies using Visio, Lucidchart or ConceptDraw.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and other office products – Word, Excel.
- Cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Big Data Analytics, Data Architecture & Modeling
- Mobile technologies
- A strong understanding of the Asia Pacific (APAC) and China technology ecosystem (Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, JD, Lazada, Rakuten) and emerging new platforms would be a plus.
- Ability to influence
- Problem-solving / analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability/ability to manage change
- Creative thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Business acumen
- Understanding of future technologies
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Application domain knowledge
- Oral & written communications
- Business case development
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Solid understanding of IT group operating model, including enterprise architecture, development lifecycle, tools, methods and processes.