Second Level Operations Specialist
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
• Bachelor level in engineering (IT, Telecom) or related certifications
• 3-5 years’ experience in IT environment with 2 years’ experience as Linux System Administrator
• IT system hardware and basic networking knowledge (CCNA is a plus)
• Bash scripting basic knowledge (able to perform small scripts updates)
• Minimal understanding of databases
• Availability for on-call duty 7 days/month
• Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
• Very good written English level
• Technical approach and results oriented
• Creating & innovating
• Applying expertise & technology
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for an IT Engineer to work as Second Level Operations Specialist in a Mobile Telecommunications environment. You will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution, and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
You will perform the following:
• Operation & Maintenance of servers and applications located in Mobile Telecom Operators environment
• Proactive and reactive system administration activities, in a scheduled manner or on demand
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of the incidents affecting the server or application availability