This job is no longer active!
View all jobs The Estée Lauder Companies active
View all jobs Solution Architect active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500, multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
The ELC Digital Technology Center in Bucharest, is home to critical areas of our business, including data analytics, omni-retail solutions, cloud technology, intelligent automation and more. Prestige beauty is an exciting, competitive and dynamic industry that is fueled by technology.
The Solution Architect (please note that the internal job title is: Director, Solution Architect Manager) combines technical and business domain-specific expertise to provide oversight and coordination across the portfolio of technical solutions being developed in the data and analytics space. With their expertise in source data and functional knowledge, they shape data products' design, ensure technical feasibility, alignment to business requirements, and support the full lifecycle of data products across the portfolio. Additionally, they are strong collaborators and champions of Enterprise Data Management and Data Governance, helping ELC build a catalogue of core Information Data Assets that are semantically enriched, performant across different workloads, and accessible consumption across multiple use cases.
- Drives collaboration with product teams, data analysts and data scientists to design and build data-driven solutions that meet ELC’s quality standards
- Accountable for collaborating with global team on business requirements, identifying solution gaps and available capabilities, and defining solutions to meet the business need
- Responsible for business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams
- Develop data catalogues and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
- Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
- Define full life cycle and roadmap of data product: from experimentation to implementation, deployment and maintenance
- Drives partnership with System of Record owners, integration teams, development teams, data modelling teams to implement data products
- Ensures partner with Enterprise Data Management and Data Governance functions to ensure scope, validity, accuracy and completeness of core Enterprise Data Sets
- Drives collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to shape EA guardrails, standards and patterns.
- Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles, guardrails, standards, patterns and frameworks
- Stay abreast of current trends/technologies in the consumer space and be aware of technology initiatives from other best in class retailers and technology companies globally.
- Manage Stakeholder’s concerns regarding technical issues for their areas
Qualifications Behavioural Skills:
- Ability to influence
- Problem-solving / analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability/ability to manage change
- Creative thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Has a broad and deep understanding of analytics across a global enterprise across all process areas (Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, R&D etc.); have an in-depth understanding of ELC’s key Systems of Records and data contained within
- Enterprise Data Platform mindset: building reusable, sustainable, governed data products on a standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible platform
- Strategic Thinking: Aligns the group's strategy with overall company goals, establishes objectives, and assigns responsibilities.
- Strong communications skills to collaborate with the virtual global team.
- Results-driven – sets aggressive goals and delivers through the team.
- The pragmatic approach to deliver incremental value to the organization
- Comfortable within a global, complex, highly matrixed organization
- Well-developed team management skills
- Proven ability to attract, retain, and develop talent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Solid understanding of IT group operating model, including enterprise architecture, development lifecycle, tools, methods and processes
- Expertise in data in key System of Records such as SAP ERP data, data from POS systems, external consumer marketing data sets, social media data sets, machine-generated manufacturing or IoT data sets.
- Functional understanding of Data Lake, Data Warehousing, ETL and ELT processes, and Data Quality frameworks
- Detailed conceptual and technical understanding of Big Data platforms, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, their capabilities and applicable use cases and implications for developing data products on these types of platforms
- Expert in defining semantic layers, metadata to support technical and business teams for development and data consumption
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts; hands-on data modelling expertise highly desired (preferably in ERwin)
- Expert in visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects
- Expert understanding of Data as a Service concept including APIs/web services and microservices
- Strong understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning (ML) concepts and operationalize models in a data platform (experience with Azure ML components preferred).
- Defines the road map to accomplishing strategic priorities
- Inspires others to make decisions based on the benefit to the enterprise• Translates strategy to individual contributions
- Prepares for change by planning, allocating resources and assigning roles
- Proactively provides constructive feedback.
- Inspires confidence in others to give their best
- Articulates critical project information to upper management in a clear and actionable form
- Guides others to operate effectively in ambiguous situations
- Recognizes and champions great ideas within a domain and helps move those ideas forward
- Seeks out how others have achieved success, both inside and outside the Company, adapting appropriate methods and applying them to the domain.