This job is no longer active!
View all jobs The Estée Lauder Companies active
View all jobs Engineering Lead active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500, multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
The ELC Digital Technology Center in Bucharest, is home to critical areas of our business, including data analytics, omni-retail solutions, cloud technology, intelligent automation and more. Prestige beauty is an exciting, competitive and dynamic industry that is fueled by technology.
Looking for a leader of our data engineering (please note that the internal job title is: Executive Director, Engineering) capability in our Eastern European Center located in Bucharest. The role will oversee a team of data engineers to implement components of our data strategy at ELC. As well as line management of the team, the role is central to managing the delivery of data products and solutions implemented on our increasingly cloud-centric data platforms. The role requires a strong architectural background and strong collaborative skills with the global ELC team to evolve our data platforms, drive continuous improvements in our delivery methodology and processes.
- Manage demand, capacity and delivery across data ingestion and multiple concurrent project initiatives; ability to adjust prioritization according to business needs by applying principles of agile
- Ensure that enterprise data platforms are standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible and secure to support business and technology needs; ensure that data products and solution developed on the data platforms adhere to standards and can be sustainably maintained.
- Design and lead the implementation of services to facilitate the development of performant and reliable data products and solutions
- Collaborate with project teams to coordinate rollouts, identify bottlenecks, and coordinate between them to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coach data engineers on best practices and technical concepts behind large-scale data platforms; foster a culture of collaboration, teamwork, quality and innovation
- Collaboratively evolve the data platforms by decommissioning old and integrating new technology components whilst minimizing interruptions to business-as-usual.
- Develop a framework to measure operational effectiveness and develop strategies to improve the operating model continually
- Collaborate on rolling out Continuous Integrations and Delivery methodology; develop and evolve best practices to enable safe and high frequent code rollouts on ELC’s data platforms.
Qualifications Behavioral Skills:
- Ability to influence
- Problem-solving / analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability/ability to manage change
- Creative thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Business acumen
- Understanding of future technologies
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Application domain knowledge
- Oral & written communications
- Business case development
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Solid understanding of IT group operating model, including enterprise architecture, development lifecycle, tools, methods and processes
- Enterprise Data Platform mindset: building reusable, sustainable, governed data products on a standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible platform
- Strategic Thinking: Aligns strategy of the group with overall company goals and establishes objectives and assigns responsibilities.
- Strong communications skills to collaborate with the virtual global team.
- Results-driven – sets aggressive goals and delivers through the team.
- A pragmatic approach to deliver incremental value to the organization
- Has a broad and deep understanding of analytics across a global enterprise across all process areas (Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, R&D etc.)
- Comfortable within a global, complex, highly matrixed organization
- Well-developed team management skills
- Proven ability to attract, retain, and develop talent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Work in a core-flex model
- Architectural understanding of Data Lake, Data Warehousing, ETL and ELT processes, Data Quality and ABC frameworks
- Expertise in Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) including Azure Data Factory, blob storage, ADLS Gen 2, Azure Web Apps, Redis Cache, Databricks, Delta tables and py-spark, EventHubs/Kafka
- Expertise in Data Warehousing technologies such as Snowflake and Microsoft SQL Server
- Data Modeling expertise (preferably in ERwin)
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle and associated processes in a large corporate environment
- Experience in Machine Learning (ML), particularly in conjunction with Azure PaaS (ML Workspace, Cognitive Services etc.)
- Understanding of visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects
- Hands-on experience with DevOps and CI/CD processes
- Data as a Service conceptually