- Process Coaching - Ability to coach others (stakeholder) through the application of the various step of CM process.
- Negotiation Skills - the abilities to gain all you can at the least cost possible while leaving the other side intact and reasonably positive with the proposition.
- End to end procurement knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Project management skills
- English language proficiency
- Proficiency in additional language required
- Understanding a category’s current state and future business needs are the core objectives for internal assessment. Invest appropriate time to gather key insights and understand stakeholder goals, requirements, timing needs, and risk positions. Fully scope the current category profile and analyze spend by key criteria. Seek opportunities for quick wins that gain momentum and build stakeholder credibility. - -Implement a consistent planning and communication approach to optimize time, cost, and resources.
- Developing a comprehensive view of the external supply market dynamics and current supply base performance and risks enables key linkages required to align necessary contract and supplier management activities with the category strategy. These insights together with the internal assessment drives category strategy development and facilitates better decision making.
- Build a documented multi-year plan to deliver optimal value and effectively mitigate risk. Leverage internal and external understanding to develop a holistic business driven category approach across a multi-year time horizon. Clearly define vision, strategy, and priorities, establish SMART goals and key metrics to measure performance. Implement successful category plans that incorporate appropriate speed and agility to sustain stakeholder momentum.