Business Analyst, HR
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500, multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
The ELC Digital Technology Center in Bucharest, is home to critical areas of our business, including data analytics, omni-retail solutions, cloud technology, intelligent automation and more. Prestige beauty is an exciting, competitive and dynamic industry that is fueled by technology.
The Business Analyst, HR responsibilities:
(please note that the internal job title is: Lead, Business Analyst, HR) Technology:
- Participate and lead business analysis activities for corporate projects to enable global strategic technology programs and projects.
- Participate and lead business analysis activities for Corporate Functions projects to enable planning and execution of internal/external timely access to information/content
- Work with other business functions at Global, Regional and Affiliate levels to drive the utilization of core data via integration; a guide to ensure solution design is in line with the company’s technology governance.
- Work closely with the regional OneSource (Shared Services division), IT office hub leads, affiliates, regional leads, and IT Corporate Support teams to manage support and enhancements.
- Work closely with Regional/Affiliate Corporate Functions teams/leads, and IT Corporate Support teams to manage support and enhancements for our internal/external communications, portal, and other business platforms' key lines.
- Manage IT applications controls as required for audit, compliance and regulations, including localization specific requirements and evidence collection working with other IT and business teams as appropriate.
- Ensure IT applications solutions and operational processes meet compliance standards for ELC corporate policies, PCI, and other security and IT Risk Management & Compliance guidelines
- Participate in annual project and budget planning in both IT and Corporate Functions business areas as directed
- Participate in project delivery for a wide range of digital, data, enterprise and corporate-specific technologies
- Able to understand technical concepts and deepen understanding through continuous self-learning
- Works in close collaboration with internal technology teams & PMO and external vendor partners.
- Participate in strategy, portfolio and budget planning as needed
- Determining system efficiency and functionality by liaising with internal departments and end-users.
- Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of business analysis from discovery through successful delivery implementation for one or more Corporate Functions areas
- Share Global, Regional and Affiliate Corporate Functions initiatives, trends and direction with IT management and Global Corporate Functions IT teams to provide transparency and to ensure alignment.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate closely with leadership and business stakeholders to effectively understand business issues, challenges and opportunities and then details a digital solution approach best fit to the needs of the users and the company
- Obtain requirements using interviews, research, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Builds and deepens trusted partner relationships with both business and technology teams across multiple offices and remote locations.
- Successfully navigates initiatives with global reach, numerous stakeholders and localized functionality and language by geography.
- A proactive and excellent communicator with networking and stakeholder management skills that can influence across departments, peers, teams, internal clients and vendors
- Projects openness, leadership and understanding alongside the ability to establish credibility, trust and decisions
- Expert client service and organizational skills, with attention to detail and a strong facilitator of team and business meetings
- Able to prepare and delivers informative, insightful and concise executive-level presentations and reporting.
- Broad global knowledge of Corporate Functions' business processes area and requirements with management surrounding the processes; HR technology expertise is a plus.
- Strong expertise in several enterprise-wide systems, employee portals and corporate platforms; global retail/omni platforms experience is a plus.
- Skilled in navigating the complexities of digital transformation in a large global organization; maintain accountability of overall IT deliverables and ensure quality execution performance from respective IT teams
- Expertise and experience in a wide range of information technology skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills in conjunction with managing and prioritising multiple projects, setting expectations, and managing target dates.
- Skilled in time and project management on technology programs and projects.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain effective technical documentation and portfolio
- Skilled in business analysis for technology programs, projects and operations
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Demonstrates creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets in proactively seeking problem resolution with a high level of confidence and analytical skills to determine appropriate solutions to business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in local language as well as English, with the ability to communicate tactfully and professionally & be able to communicate at all levels, global, region & functional COE teams
- Good vendor management skills to drive deliveries from vendors and partners while maintaining effective professional rapport. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors as needed
- High level of adaptability, ability to learn, ability to impact, and tolerance for challenging situations; strong negotiation & influencing skills to align others towards a vision/plan
- Self-starter demonstrating a sense of urgency with ability to think strategically and to work independently
- Strong knowledge of ITIL best practices within the Systems Development Lifecycle, Release Management, Problem Management and other key processes.