Junior Software Developer
CMF CONSULTING is one of the first consulting and valuation companies in Romania. CMF Consulting was established in 1992 and has conducted projects in a wide range of valuation and related services. With more than 25 years of experience, CMF Consulting is well recognized for its high-quality professional services and is always the first choice for clients looking for a reliable partner and consulting advice.
The software and Data Science projects are developed in collaboration with Numeract LLC, a US company.
We are looking for a full-time Junior Software Developer to advance and expand new and existing Data Science projects. You will be part of a small team in which every member is engaged in almost every aspect of development.
- ability to solve previously unseen problems with limited supervision
- does not bring only problems but also proposes solutions
- motivation and perseverance to follow through to get the job done
- desire to learn and ability to increase knowledge, self-learner
- analytical and logical mind, not thrown off by uncertainty
- proud of the quality of their work, fixes and points out code that does not meet the standard
- comfortable being productive while working remotely
- strong academic background, preferably in math, statistics, computer science, or physics
- ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
Must have skills:
- knowledge of Python: Pandas, Flask or Django, APIs
- good communication skills
Nice to have skills:
- knowledge of version control (git)
- data processing and analysis: SQL, JSON, API, CSV, etc.
- databases: running queries for PostgreSQL / MS SQL / MySQL
- computer science concepts: algorithms, data structures, Big O, etc.
- Python: scikit-learn, queues, other ML/DL frameworks
- containers & Linux: Docker, docker-compose, bash
- cloud: experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- experience with code style guides and code reviews
- experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- HTML, CSS and
- basic knowledge of R
- ability to create good data visualizations (Tableau, ggplot2, d3)
- Linux: Makefile, install, admin
- PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server setup and configuration
You will be involved in almost all data analysis stages, including data processing, exploratory data analysis, (some) machine learning, deployment in production, and presentation of results. While most projects are Data Science projects, this role will not necessarily involve machine learning / deep learning stages.
As you gain experience, you will write code to:
- import, transform, clean, aggregate, and process data from diverse sources
- improve ETL pipelines
- conduct exploratory data analyses and create machine learning features
- create dashboards, visualizations, and reports
- conduct code reviews
- write unit tests and test existing software
- configure and automate cloud operations
The ideal candidate has graduated recently (or will graduate this summer) and has some of the qualifications and skills listed here. Candidates who pursued independent study (for example took online courses) or worked on projects in Python are strongly encouraged to apply. Remote (in Romania) candidates are welcome.
Work remotely. Flexibility in setting your own working hours. Access to Python, R, and Data Science training courses and mentoring.