Expert Financial Quality Assurance Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Expert Financial Quality Assurance Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Quality Control active on Hipo.ro
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- 4+ years’ experience in software testing.
- Experience in testing Finastra products is a plus.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or relevant experience in the capital markets/financial software field.
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial instruments and pricing models is mandatory.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development lifecycle is a plus.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. English certificates Cambridge, TOEFL, IELTS are a plus.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
- Able to identify issues, analyze implications, consider options and evaluate risks.
- Ability to work with specialized software tools; effectively implement and evaluate new processes or plans.
How will you contribute?
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer creates and executes product test plans to ensure software products meet design specifications and product quality standards. Assists the QA team with process improvements to improve product quality.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
As a member of the QA team your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Development, Customer Support and Product Management teams to understand the business context and requirements.
- Create test cases from product specifications.
- Executes test plans and test cases and compiles results.
- Sets up and maintains personal testing environments. May set up team testing environments.
- Assist in the review of software development processes to improve product quality.
- Tracks defects from detection to resolution and works with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of existing products, operations or systems.
- Reviews product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provides support to stakeholders prior to GA release of software.
- Create and/or run SQL scripts to populate data and validate test results.
- Design, develop, and maintain test scripts to be automated.
- Provide testing effort estimates for enhancements.
- Communicate status, findings and progress on a regular basis.
- Help and train new joiners in order to integrate them in the team and to get basic knowledge of the software.