Edenred is a pioneer, a tech leader and the everyday companion for people at work across more than 46 countries. Our 10,000 employees are committed to making the world of work a better place for all, one that is safer, more efficient and more user-friendly. At Edenred, our passion for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity and entrepreneurial spirit are our values. For anyone who needs to vibe in their professional life, we are the best place for you to work and grow. Edenred is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. In 2019, thanks to its global technology assets, the Group managed €31 billion in business volume, primarily carried out via mobile applications, online platforms and cards. Edenred is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange and included in the following indices: CAC Next 20, FTSE4Good, DJSI Europe and MSCI Europe.
WE WILL VIBE WITH YOU
You have min 5 years’ experience in a similar position
You are graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting or finance according to the Romanian legislation
You have demonstrated:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong planning & organizing skills
- Analytical and result oriented skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Good English skills
Languages required: Romanian & English
Additional certification (C.E.C.C.A.R) is a plus
YOU WILL VIBE WITH US
The Senior Accountant will:
- Organize and coordinate the accounting of capital operations, accounting of fixed assets, accounting of inventories, accounting of third parties, accounting of treasury, accounting of expenses, income and results, accounting of commitments and other assets, management accounting in accordance with applicable law.
- Be responsible for the observance of the legal provisions in force on the economic and financial accounting line.
- Be responsible for the correct establishment of the documents that are drawn up and for their circuit within the company, from a financial-accounting point of view.
- Be responsible for carrying out the general inventory of the patrimony at least once a year, during its operation, in any situations provided by law and whenever the management of the company requests it.
- Organize and participate in the preparation of financial-accounting reporting works (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual) both in accordance with local legal provisions and the group's reporting requirements (IFRS); in this sense, it supervises and participates in the preparation of the verification balance and the statutory balance sheet as well as of the profit and loss account (P&L), of the statutory and consolidated balance sheet (IFRS)
- Be responsible for the record of forms with special regime.
- Ensure and be responsible for the timely fulfillment of the fiscal, declarative and payment obligations of the company in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
- Supervise the implementation of accounting procedures with the help of the company's software.
- Supervise the reconciliation of auxiliary accounting data with financial accounting data and the closing of accounts.
- Advise the management of the company and its subordinate staff on complex issues related to its area of competence.
- Provide specialized assistance to the commercial department regarding the financial and fiscal aspects related to the products and services sold by the company, in accordance with their specific legislation.
- Be responsible for the efficiency and quality of the works performed within the service in accordance with internal regulations or other normative acts.
- Verify and approves payments to affiliates, suppliers and payroll, in accordance with the signature rights granted.
- Approve bank placements, in accordance with the signature rights granted.
- Supervises and participates in audit activities, controls of state authorities, etc.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information that he becomes aware of during the exercise of his duties, including those regarding the protection of personal data;
- Plan and supervise the proper execution of tasks by the subordinate team; ensure that deliverables are made on time and to the appropriate quality standards; allocate tasks to the appropriate resources in the department / team, if necessary.
- Define and ensure that the processes, procedures and work instructions required to perform department / team tasks are in line with functional standards.
- Ensure that there are work tools and equipment necessary for the performance of tasks, that they are in good working order, are properly distributed, used and inventoried by subordinate staff.