UX/ INTERACTION DESIGNER
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile AMBER STUDIO active.
Vezi toate job-urile UX/ INTERACTION DESIGNER active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Amber Bucharest is looking for a UX/Interaction Designer to join us. Are you ready for this challenge? JOB PURPOSE: As our internal UX/ Interaction Designer you will be filling the role of a behavioral scientist in a design environment. Your primary mission will be to understand business needs, product requirements, and player motivations and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive player experiences, mainly for mobile devices. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Research
- Play games: our games, our competitor’s games and other interesting titles on the market
- Participate in and learn from relevant community discussions (netnography, or deep hanging out, see Clifford Geertz or Jared Spool)
- Document your findings, and provide insights and feedback from the players’ perspective
- Assist in the collection and interpretation of the metrics (from analytics) and player data (surveys, interviews, playtests, diary studies,…) used to iterate on designs
- You may occasionally be responsible for setting up or facilitating interviews, playtests and surveys
- Partner with stakeholders to identify requirements, and set design priorities
- Define desired player outcomes for the features you’re designing
- Run or assist in running accessibility reviews, heuristic reviews and content audits
- Facilitate or participate in game play sessions with the team
- Facilitate or participate in ideation sessions, design critiques, or structured workshops (LDJ, HMW, Player Journey Mapping…)
- Articulate the impact of your design ideas and decisions
- Estimate, manage and regularly communicate the status of your tasks
- Create design briefs and necessary visuals to support your ideas and decisions when communicating them
- Work across disciplines to validate, execute, and iterate on designs, and assist the team in creating a shared understanding of the feature or game
- Design task and user flows
- Organize and structure content (information architecture)
- Create sketches and wireframes
- Assist UI Artists in the creation of UI design systems and UI kits
- Create click-throughs, motion sketches, and design micro-interactions
- Write copy and microcopy
- Create interaction and implementation documentation
- Participate in or hold discussion and presentations on a variety of design subjects (and not just design)
- Identify opportunities and share your knowledge and understanding with your team through your day to day work
- You play mobile, PC or console games and you have at least a good understanding of gaming terminology. You don’t have to be a hardcore gamer but the more games you play, the better the fit for this position, which is, after all, in the gaming industry.
- You’ve been working as an Interaction designer or UX Designer for at least 3 years
- You’ve worked in 10-50 person teams
- You’ve worked in cross-functional teams following Agile methodology (words like scrum, retro, planning, refinement are part of your workplace vocabulary)
- You have the ability to manage your time wisely, we’re mostly working in remote teams after all
- You’ve already done at least 90% of the stuff mentioned in the What you’ll be doing section (above)
- You have a strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and player interaction patterns, including golden paths (happy paths / red routes / task flows) as well as edge and corner cases, and regularly incorporate them into your designs
- You have strong understanding of information design, design thinking practices and methodology, usability heuristics, gestalt principles, and player psychology
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and you have a track record of effectively selling ideas to stakeholders
- Solid, proven skill with graphic and motion design is a plus
- Solid, proven skill with user research practices is a much bigger plus (IDEO design thinking toolkit, with focus on preparing, facilitating, analyzing, and transforming data from interviews, playtests, longitudinal studies, and surveys into actionable insights)
- The opportunity to work on a diversity of games, focusing mostly on mobile gaming but expanding into PC and Consoles.
- The opportunity to work with and learn from at least 12 designers with over 11 years of experience in the gaming industry, as part of a 60+ person design guild, made up of game designers, level designers, and UX designers. Classes ranging from design, to art, modelling, and personal development.
- A professional and friendly bunch of people to work with. You’ll be part of R&D, and even through there are over 250 people in this group, we maintain a flat structure. Feel free to approach anyone if you have a question, concern or just wanna say hi.
- Access to training and learning programs through Amber Academy and other smaller scale learning opportunities (bi-weekly Design Pill, bi-weekly Design Guild meetup, bi-weekly UX meetup, 1:1 mentorship).
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.