Indirect Commodity Buyer
Garrett is a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion. We partner with the world’s leading car and truck manufacturers, creating the turbocharging, electric boosting and connected vehicle systems central to the latest generation of fuel efficient and lower emissions vehicles.Cerinte
• Bachelor Degree
• Extensive knowledge of procurement/sourcing
• Hands-on experience in purchasing for minimum 3 years
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong communication skills and a team player
• Strategic thinking
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong time management skills
• Good organizational skills - ability to prioritize and do problem solving
• Presentation skills
• English fluent, any other language is a plus
• Prepare and implement commodity strategy for responsible sub-commodities. Ensure that procurement of goods, materials and services are performed according to the company policy and commodity strategy, taking into account price, payment terms, quality and delivery terms. Support site buyers’ team in negotiations and cost improvements.
• You will hold responsibility for specific categories, operating globally, with guidance from senior professionals and internal customers. You will be responsible for running e-auctions and business alignment events to continually improve cost/quality ratio. One-off negotiations for non-standard buys, low dollar volume buys or items that are not strategically sourced are an integral part of your job.
• Do a superb job for internal customers every day in quality, delivery, value, technology, and responsiveness.
• Support other functions with audits, implementation of software or new methodology.
• Act with a sense of urgency and focus on results, not activity.
• Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and critically analyze details.
• Be a valuable team player.