C# developer-Transportation project (PROHW)
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Development of SW data applications for PROHW Data Tool. PROHW Data Tool is an application for generating the HW related project data.
Detailed description of tasks and responsibilities:
You work in a national and international project environment in a team that develops modern data applications for the configuration of electronic interlocking systems, train control systems and dispatching systems for the railways. You are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of software solutions that are used to create software and hardware data, e.g. for the new generation of Thales interlocking systems. You work in an agile environment using the latest development technologies.
Your tasks include:
- Development of SW module and integration tests
- Performing GUI tests with existing RANOREX test suite
- Test framework and test automation improvements
- Extraction of independent software modules (from monolith to microservice)
- Expand of regression test coverage
- Long term: Module responsibility for extracted software module
(whole life cycle: specification, implementation, test, deployment)
- Feature implementation for a better tool usability
- Generation of output files by data base access
Successfully completed technical studies or university studies in the special field of computer science or railway safety technology (or equivalent).
Functional skills - mandatory:
- Very good knowledge in object-oriented programming including experience with unit test (programming language C #)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, deployment and code analysis technologies (Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube)
- Very good technical comprehension and analytical skills to analyze complex tasks
- Independent detection and implementation of necessary refactorings, to create testability
- Interest in data, data processing and functional dependencies
- English – business fluent
Functional skills - advantageous:
- Knowledge of XML technologies, relational databases and web applications
- Experiences with WPF
- Very good team player
- Very good communication skills, openness
- High reliability and responsibility for the work results
- Self-organized way of working
- Systematic and conscientious way of working
Great journeys start here.