C Embedded Developer (SCM)
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software developer with experience on C / C++ who understands the needs of methodic approach in Safety critical software development.
As part of our team, your responsibility will be developing new functionalities and bug fixing on complex mature application software for the railway field:
• Development of Safety critical ( SIL 2 / SIL 4) application HMIs/ Interlocking Module Concentrators according Railway CENELC EN 50128 standard
• Development of unit test coverage of the code
• Code reading
• Architecture / Design Documentation update for existing mature products
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
• C or C++ Linux development
• Unit Tests development ( e.g. Parasoft )
• Strong Linux skills (scripting, configuring)
• Good know-how on: routing, TCP/IP, sockets
• Basic understanding of Version Control Systems at user level
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
Preferred Qualifications / Would be a plus
• Hands on experience in C with Visual Studio
• Experience with ClearCase and svn
• Basic usage of DOORS
• Experience in process oriented development (V-Model, Agile methods)
• CENELEC EN50126, EN50128, EN50159 experience
Great journeys start here.