Tier 3 Frontend Support Engineer
Join one of the most talented teams in Romania at our amazing office in the heart of Bucuresti, near piata Romana. Enjoy a rich range of development languages: Java, C++, C# .NET, Angular – together with QA, support and integration teams.Cerinte
We are looking for an experienced Tier 3 Software engineer to manage complex troubleshooting analysis, mainly on the databases and servers’ side, with our great team in Romania. The ideal candidate should also have strong virtualization knowledge & scripting experience in order to succeed in this role.
If you’ve read this far, then we know you are curious to learn more – and we like that!
So, if you’re looking to apply your strong virtualization knowledge and scripting experience, and:
• are driven by curiosity,
• thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
• are looking for a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
• in an exciting and rewarding environment
• then we want to meet you!
Your tool box
• BSc or practical engineering degree in electronics or computer science
• At least 3 years’ experience supporting complex technology solutions - Mandatory
• TDM/IP/VoIP communication flows and SIP-RTP or SS7 debugging – Mandatory
• Hands-on troubleshooting of Windows server /client or Linux server/client OS – Mandatory
• Experience with Wireshark or tcp dump analysis – Mandatory, LUA knowledge – Advantage
• Experience with AAA protocols (Radius, Diameter), tunneling (GTP), SSL, HTTPS, SCTP, Sigtran, TLS, IPSEC – Advantage
• PowerShell, Bash , Python scripts development / DevOPS knowledge – Advantage
• Familiarity with HW: HP /Dell Servers. ILO/iDRAC, Raid technology – Advantage
• Transmission equipment experience (STM, E1, T1, SDH) – Advantage
• Satellite (RF, DCME) communication experience – Advantage
• LTE, UMTS, GPRS, GSM, CDMA solutions familiarity – Advantage
• Knowledge and analysis of LI ETSI/ CALEA protocols, ASN format – Advantage
• Advanced problem-solving and analysis skills
• Knowledge thirsty, eager to learn new technologies
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Independent and self-starter
• Availability for scheduled on-call duties
• Willingness to travel abroad when needed (up to 20%)
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us.
Our purpose is crystal clear: we deliver Actionable Intelligence in the service of a safer world. This purpose lives in all our people and guides us in everything we do.
We are calling out to the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
So, if this is you then we’re the match for you. And you’ll love it here because:
• We empower our people to explore, learn, and grow
• We develop cutting edge technology that makes this world a safer place
• Our teams are small, agile, and collaborative
• We have a global presence that spans every continent (excluding Antarctica), with development centers in Israel and around the world
• We provide many and varied opportunities for individual exploration and career development
• We have a vibrant culture where you can fulfill your bold ambitions
• We encourage creativity and personal expression
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
We can work remotely when required for almost all roles and countries, and make every effort to make the work-from-home experience comfortable and productive for employees. And whether you’re working from home or in an office, your health and wellbeing are always our top priority.
Curious? Apply now.