Expert Data Engineer
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years' of hands-on experience developing BI and Reporting Solutions.
• Expert hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Data Engineering suite: ADF, Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Azure SQL and Azure SQL Data Warehouse
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, data modeling, database design, reporting structures.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and support on data monitoring.
• Understanding of large scale DB and reporting solution design, Source to Target Mappings, distributed DB design, multi environment structures, logical DB partitioning strategy, data archiving and retention, design and development of reporting semantic layer and view objects and logic
• Expert knowledge of MS SQL
Nice to have:
• Experience with DAX, Tabular and Power BI.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Experience developing and maintaining ETL tools and platforms such as SSIS, Azure ADF
• Experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Strong understanding of BI Reporting & ETL technologies, relational and dimensional data structures, Big Data hands-on experience, principles, and best practices.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
• Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
• Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, UDDI).
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development, the role of the Expert Data Engineer is to ensure the effective design and delivery of the Student Lending reporting solution. This hands-on role serves as a Technical Expert for the Business Analytics and Reporting team providing development, technical guidance, review and support.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as an Expert Data Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and deliver a robust Reporting and Business Analytics framework, well aligned with the company’s long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision.
• Ensure the solution supports Student Lending client data needs and can be easily extended to newly acquired clients and their standards.
• Working closely with both enterprise level and project level team - data owners, stewards, users, business analysts, developers, quality analysts, department managers, architects and other stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and ensure strategic goals and tactical implementation are in alignment.
• Translate project requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
• Lead conceptual and physical design, development and implementation of enterprise level BI and ETL framework, conforming to well defined business, technical rules and SLAs, preserving reusability of artefacts, single version of truth, centralization of logic, testability and well-designed error handling.
• Prepare all necessary documentation that clearly describes solution and Meta data.
• Monitor, tune up and administer BI Environments for quality and optimal performance purpose. Debug, monitor and troubleshoot BI solutions.
• Be aware of and comply with all corporate and department policies, procedures and standards that apply to your work area.
• Ensure that Reporting and Business Analytics strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.